Thank you for your interest in Girls on the Run of Greater Knoxville! Girls on the Run® is a transformational physical activity based positive youth development program for girls in 3rd–8th grade. We teach life skills through dynamic interactive lessons and running games. The program culminates with the girls being physically and emotionally prepared to complete a celebratory 5k running event. The goal of the program is to unleash confidence through accomplishment while establishing a lifetime appreciation of health and fitness.
Our goal is to unleash confidence through accomplishment while establishing a lifetime appreciation of health and fitness. Our mission is to inspire girls to be joyful, healthy, and confident. Our vision is a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams.
Our Core Values
Girls on the Run honors its core values. We strive to:
- Recognize our power and responsibility to be intentional in our decision making
- Embrace our differences and find strength in our connectedness
- Express joy, optimism, and gratitude through our words, thoughts, and actions
- Nurture our physical, emotional, and spiritual health
- Lead with an open heart and assume positive intent
- Stand up for ourselves and others