Our goal at Girls on the Run is to teach girls aged 8-14 how to:
- Evaluate the effects and consequences of making right and wrong choices.
- Respect themselves and others, and be self-confident.
- Manage their emotions and maintain positive attitudes.
- Listen, cooperate and work as a team.
- Avoid drugs, alcohol, and other high-risk behaviors.
- Eat nutritiously.
- Contribute and give back to the community.
- Develop open relationships with their parents or guardians about the difficult issues.
- Seat a goal, prepare for it, and complete it (in this instance, a 5K race).
- Love exercise!
Want to see a sample Girls on the Run lesson? Click here for a glimpse of a lesson!
Girls on the Run currently has over 191 councils in the United States and Canada. Each program meets for 10 weeks and is led by certified Girls on Run coaches. Participants meet after school or on weekends in groups of up to 16 at local schools, YMCAs, or churches.The season culminates with girls walking or running in the Girls on the Run 5K! Fall and spring programs are available.
Click here to download the mail-in registration form or click here to register online. Have questions about about our elementary or middle school programs please contact us via email or 865-712-9979